Attending: Max Ellis, Chris Finlay, Colin Harris, Brad Klein, John Kostouros, Jason Lord
Absent: Ginny Buran, Jay Lindgren, Tricia Markle
The meeting was called to order at 7:07PM.
Introductions & Announcements
• Board members and attendees introduced themselves.
Agenda & Minutes
• Motion, seconded to approve the agenda and October 17 meeting minutes,. Approved.
Bryant Square Park,
• Some children enrolled in the BSP Rec Plus program have moved over to Kenwood after that program had some openings. So, now the BSP Rec Plus program is in danger of closing unless additional kids get enrolled in the next few months.
• BSP has several programs going on now including women’s self-defense, meditation, and a youth girls basketball team.
• Contact Bryant Square Park at (612) 370-4907 for more information.
10th Ward City Council Update,
• No update.
Fig & Farro Restaurant, Michelle Courtright
• Courtright will open a vegan/ vegetarian restaurant at Calhoun Square in the former Figlio’s space in December. It will feature comfort food and fit with a philosophy of eating as a low impact on the environment with a plant-based diet. All employees will work 40 hours a week and be paid $15 per hour plus sharing tips and profit sharing.
Crime & Safety Update, Jennifer Neal (Crime Prevention Specialist)/ Kathy Waites (5th Precinct Inspector)
• Neal reviewed a map detailing CARAG crime from October highlighting theft from auto, burglary, and bike thefts. Neighbors were encouraged to call 911 if they notice any suspicious behavior and to report crime.
• The group discussed nuisance issues created by area bars and how to proactively address issues that may result at the new Moxie Hotel. We will invite the Moxie Hotel owner and manager out to a future CARAG meeting to discuss issues.
Livability & Engagement Committee:, Max Ellis
• The committee is working on updating the CARAG brochure and social media including the website. CARAG is moving towards a more accessible and mobile-friendly design at the end of November.
Treasurer’s Report, Scott Engel/ Brad Klein
• The CARAG Operations and NRP Administrative account reports were available through October for review.
• Engel presented a proposed office lease document with Aldrich Church for 2018. CARAG will continue to rent the space in the lower level for $350 per month. Motion, seconded to approve the 2018 Office Lease. Approved.
• The Hennepin and Lake Community Wine Tasting Fundraiser was a big success with more than 450 attendees and raising nearly $4,000 for CARAG. Thank you to all that sold tickets, helped organize the event, and who volunteered.
• CARAG was awarded a $2,500 matching grant from People for Parks Foundation to complete the BSP Dolphin Mosaic Project. CARAG will lead an effort to repurpose the wading pool dolphin as sculpture covering it with mosaic tiles.
• Engel proposed selecting a bank for CARAG accounts at the January 16 meeting. The Bremer Bank branch at Calhoun Square closes at the end of 2017.
Adjourn: The meeting adjourned at 8:19PM.